Have you come across the Ninja coffee maker? For a coffee lover, having a coffee machine at home gives you convenience and saves you money.
Coffee machines will vary with the price, features, versatility, and price. In addition, there are coffee machines that come with a built-in grinder. With a Ninja coffee maker, you can use pre-ground coffee or have an external grinder.
If you are looking for a Ninja coffee maker buying guide, this article has everything you need to know. We’ll also look at the features, pros, and cons of using the coffee machines.
Let’s get started!
Features of Ninja Coffee Makers
Ninja coffee makers seem to be a growing choice for most coffee lovers. Not only are the brewers affordable, but they also come with attractive features.
These features are:
- Brewing size
With a Ninja coffee maker, you can choose a brew size that works best for you. You can brew in a cup, travel mug, or carafe. You can brew different sizes of each of these.
But, this will vary depending on the type of Ninja coffee maker that you have.
- Water Reservoir
The Ninja coffee maker has a removable water reservoir that makes it easy to refill. Most of the water tanks have labels on them. They help the user measure water for brewing.
- 24 Hours delay brew
For those lazy mornings when you are not in the mood of brewing coffee, you can program the Ninja coffee maker to brew coffee. You will have to set the hours and minutes on the brewer.
For instance, you can set it to make coffee at a specific time in the morning. That way, you do not have to wait for the coffee machine to brew.
Most of the Ninja coffee machines are versatile. You can make specialty coffee drinks, tea, iced coffee, and coffee. Though not all, most of the coffee machines brew a maximum of 5 beverages.
However, classic and rich coffee styles are common in all the Ninja coffee makers. It also comes with a recipe book to help you improve your home barista skills.
Let’s have a detailed look at each brew option:
Rich brew: the brew setting will give you a more intense drink than the regular cup of coffee. It is a more intense flavor. You can also add milk to a rich brew.
Classic brew: this is regular coffee. Simple and balanced with flavor.
Specialty: examples are latte, cappuccino, and flat white. They are espresso-based drinks that require frothed milk to brew.
Over ice: the Ninja coffee maker brews over ice brew. To make this coffee, add ice cubes to your cup before you begin brewing. The hot coffee pours on top of the ice cold cubes.
- Permanent filter
Both tea and coffee require a filter to brew. A coffee filter is orange, while a tea filter is green. A permanent filter is reusable and washable.
A Ninja coffee maker also uses paper filters. However, if you are looking to save money, you can stick to using the permanent filter.
- Drip stop
When brewing coffee in a carafe, it may be boring to wait for a full carafe. To pause the brew, press the drip stop button. The brewing is paused to allow you to serve coffee. For a Ninja coffee maker, this feature is not automatic.
- Auto-iQ one touch intelligent
It is a smart water technology. The Ninja coffee maker will measure the right amount of water to use. It is dependent on the brew size and the type of brew you choose.
- Pod-free brewing
Coffee pods are not environmentally friendly. Brewing coffee with a Ninja coffee maker requires ground coffee. If you love the pods, you may have to use a different coffee maker like the Keurig coffee maker.
Pros and Cons of Ninja coffee Maker
|The Ninja coffee maker has programmable features, like the 24-hour delay brew.||The Ninja coffee maker does not use coffee pods.|
|The coffee maker comes with a permanent filter.||It may be complex for first-time users.|
|It has an auto shut off that turns off after 2 hours.||Despite the coffee maker being versatile, it cannot brew espresso.|
|It has a foldable milk frother that makes foamy milk for cappuccinos, lattes and flat white.||The Ninja coffee maker is not a quiet brewer.|
|Easy to clean and has removable parts.||The coffee maker has plastic parts.|
|Removable water reservoir makes it easy for a refill.||The Ninja coffee maker is tall. You need enough height space to store it.|
|The Ninja coffee maker is versatile. It brews tea, coffee and other beverages.|
|The delay button pauses the brew to allow the user to serve coffee in mid-brew.|
|The coffee maker has different brew sizes. That is a cup, travel mug and carafe.|
6 Best Ninja coffee makers
If you consider having a Ninja coffee maker in your home, here is a list to choose from:
Ninja 12-Cup Programmable Coffee Maker (CE201)
With the Ninja programmable coffee maker, you do not have to wake up and brew coffee. The coffee maker has a 24 hour programmable brew system. For instance, you can set it to brew coffee in the morning.
The Ninja programmable coffee maker has a custom brew technology. It allows you to brew into a carafe, travel mug, or mug. The technology makes small batch, classic or rich, and full carafe.
The maximum cups to brew are 12 cups. If you are making coffee for a large crowd or family, you can brew a full carafe.
- Removable water reservoir: this makes it easy for a refill. The reservoir holds 60 Ounces of water.
- Mid-brew pause: you can serve coffee in mid-brew. Press the drip stop button to pause the coffee maker.
- Flavor straw: this feature circulates flavor and heat throughout the drink.
- Precision temp warming plate: this feature keeps the coffee hot for four hours.
- Thermal flavor extraction: to extract the coffee’s full potential, the brewer combines temperature, blooming, and saturation.
Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System (CP301)
The Ninja hot and cold has three brew sizes. The coffee maker allows you to brew coffee into six different brew sizes. Do you need a versatile coffee maker? The coffee maker brews tea and coffee beverages.
The coffee maker has two filters. There is a coffee filter with an orange coffee bean icon and a green one for tea. To make a cold brew, brew hot coffee over ice at a lower temperature.
- Hot brew: the coffee maker makes hot coffee or tea.
- Ten minutes brew: the coffee maker brews coffee or tea within 10 minutes.
- Removable frother: froth your cold or hot milk for your cappuccino, lattes, flat white, among other textured drinks.
- Programmable settings: with the hour and minute buttons, you can set the coffee maker to brew your beverage at a specific time.
- Labeled scoop: the scoop has indications to help you know how much coffee you are using for brewing.
- Water reservoir: a removable water reservoir with an easy to close lid. It has different marks for minimum, mug, half, and full carafe.
Ninja CM407 Specialty Coffee Maker
The Ninja Specialty coffee maker is an SCA, home certified home brewer. It saturates the ground coffee, blooms, and maintains the temperature of the coffee brewing.
As a specialty coffee machine, you can brew coffee for macchiato and cappuccino. With six brew sizes, you can brew coffee into a cup, travel mug, and carafe.
When purchasing the coffee maker, you are free to select a glass or thermal carafe. The removable water reservoir has different marks to guide you through the brewing.
- Six brew sizes: the coffee maker brews coffee into a cup, mug, and carafe. Each of these has different sizes.
- Foldable frother: to make specialty drinks, you have to froth the milk.
- Buttons control: to make your coffee drink, the coffee maker has different buttons. These are iced coffee, specialty drinks, classic and rich.
Ninja CE251 Programmable Brewer
The Ninja programmable brewer has got your mornings covered. The programmable delay brew feature allows you to set the brewing time.
In addition to this, the coffee is served hot, thanks to the 4 hours warming plate. The removable water filter has a 60 Ounce capacity. You do not have to keep refilling for each brewing session.
- Small batch brewing: with the Ninja programmable brewer, you do not have to brew all the 12 cups at once. It allows brewing of 1-4 cups.
- Mid-brew pause: remove the carafe from the brewer and serve coffee. Pause the brewer by pressing the stop brew button.
- Adjustable warming plate: it keeps your coffee fresh for up to 4 hours.
- Custom brew strength: the two available brew options are rich and classic.
Ninja Specialty Coffee Maker (CM401)
If you are looking for an affordable coffee machine, you need to look into the Ninja Specialty coffee maker. It has a 50 Ounce carafe. It can be a glass or thermal carafe.
The coffee maker has a foldable milk frother that froths milk for lattes and cappuccinos. Similar to other Ninja coffee makers, it has six brew sizes. That is a cup, travel mug, and carafe.
The coffee maker has different labels for the brew sizes. To make a selection, you can choose from a cup, XL cup, travel mug, XL multi-serve, half carafe and full carafe.
To brew cafe-quality coffee at home, look at the features below:
- Iced coffee: the Ninja specialty coffee maker has an ‘over ice’ button which brews hot coffee over ice cubes in a cup or glass.
- Specialty brew: for a coffee lover, having a coffee maker that makes textured drinks is essential. Make cappuccinos, lattes, flat white, macchiato, and other coffee beverages.
- Smart scoop: when brewing coffee, you need to have accurate measurements. The smart scoop helps you measure coffee for brewing.
- Removable water reservoir: it makes it easy for refill and cleaning. The water reservoir has different marks for minimum, travel mug, half carafe, and maximum.
- Stay warm: after brewing coffee, you need to keep it warm for some hours. The Ninja specialty coffee maker keeps your coffee warm 2 hours after brewing.
Ninja 3-Brew Hot and Iced Coffee Maker (CF201)
The Ninja hot and iced coffee maker has a 60 minutes cleaning cycle. It has an auto IQ intelligence technology that draws water from the reservoir based on your selection.
The water reservoir is removable, easy to hold grip, and a lid to close. Select one of the four brewing sizes. Similar to other Ninja coffee machines, it has a drip-stop feature.
It allows you to pour coffee in mid-brew.
- 24 hour programmable delay button: wake up to ready coffee in the carafe. You only need to set the machine to a specific brewing time.
- Thermal flavor extraction: for maximum extraction, the coffee maker blends water delivery, temperature, flavor richness, and saturation.
- Brew type: the Ninja hot and ice coffee maker has three different brews. Classic, rich, and over ice.
Ninja Coffee Makers Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the most frequently asked questions of the coffee makers are:
Q. Which are the parts of a Ninja coffee maker?
A. Ninja coffee maker has various parts that make up the coffee machine. Some are easy to clean, store, and use. These are:
Carafe: a carafe can be thermal or glass. Not all carafes are dishwasher safe. Check the cleaning instructions before cleaning. A carafe can hold 10 cups (50 ounces) of coffee in each brew.
Water reservoir: it is removable for easy refill and cleaning.
Frother: to make textured drinks, you need to froth hot or cold milk. A Ninja coffee maker has a foldable frother for making microfoam.
Filter: for a versatile coffee maker, you will have two permanent filters.
Scoop: most are well labeled for accurate measurements.
Q. As an espresso lover, can I brew espresso with the Ninja coffee maker?
A. No. Even though you can specialty drinks, you cannot brew espresso with the coffee maker. Use an espresso coffee machine to make an espresso drink.
Q. Does the Ninja coffee maker come with an in-built coffee grinder?
A. No. The coffee maker does have a built-in grinder. Consider buying an external grinder to grind fresh coffee beans or use pre-ground coffee.
Q. What does thermal extraction technology mean?
A. It’s a brewing technology that controls the temperature, blooming, and level of saturation of coffee. It maintains a consistent cup of coffee in each brew.
In the blooming part, it saturates the coffee in water evenly.
Why Should You Consider Having a Ninja Coffee Maker at Home?
There are so many considerations worth making before buying a coffee maker for home use. A coffee machine is reliable. This means that you can brew coffee any time you want.
So, what should you consider in your buying guide?
How much do you want to spend on a coffee machine? They come at different prices. Having a budget helps you to work with a specific amount.
You do not want to over budget or end up spending more money than you intend. Most of the Ninja coffee machines are affordable.
- Size of the coffee machine
The size of a coffee machine is another consideration to make. If you are to buy a coffee maker for family use, you need one with a big capacity.
Equally, if you need a smaller brewer, you can go for a smaller coffee maker like the AeroPress.
- Ease of operation
For a beginner, a Ninja coffee maker may seem complex to use. But, it becomes easy with time and as you get used to it. A coffee machine that is easy to use makes the brewing process enjoyable.
A complex coffee machine may end up wasting your time as you figure out how to use it.
A coffee machine comes with so much convenience. First, you do not have to drive to a cafe everytime you need coffee. It saves you time and money.
A Ninja coffee maker has the ‘delay brew’ feature. You can program the machine to make coffee every morning. This way, you wake up to hot coffee every day.
The features of a coffee maker will help you decide if it works for you or not. For instance, check the brew options, sizes, versatility, frothing, and programmable features.
Ninja coffee machines allow small-batch brewing. You can brew 1-4 cups of coffee in a carafe. You can also brew coffee in a travel mug or a cup.
From the list above, it’s easy to name the versatile coffee machines. An example is the Ninja Hot and Cold coffee maker. It brews both coffee and tea beverages.
In addition to this, it has five brew styles. These are specialty, classic, rich, over ice, and cold brew. You can brew different beverages and keep your taste buds hydrated.
Which is The Best Ninja Coffee Maker for Home Use?
To conclude that a specific Ninja coffee maker is the best for home use, it will depend on your preference.
It also depends on your budget, features, and the size of the coffee maker. You can compare the six different coffee machines above and buy one that meets your needs.
From the above coffee machines, which Ninja coffee maker will you be buying?