Are you searching for the best Keurig coffee maker? If yes, then you are a step away from owning a coffee machine. There are so many models available in the market and eCommerce stores.
The benefits of owning a coffee machine are so many. The overall advantage is convenience. The fact that you can brew coffee at any time gives you more reasons to own a coffee machine.
The Keurig brand is in a constant move to upgrade the coffee machines. Therefore, you will always find a coffee maker that meets your expectations.
If you are looking to own a coffee maker, then this buying guide is for you. We have all the information to help you in making the right decision.
What Is a Keurig Coffee Maker?
It is a coffee machine from the Keurig brand, and it uses K-cups to brew coffee. Most of the coffee makers from this brand brew coffee within one minute.
The brand brings out the best in each coffee machine. For instance, they have a coffee machine that is best for smaller storage, commercial purpose, and a duo coffee maker.
So, if you are looking for a specific coffee maker, you can look into the Keurig brand. The keurig coffee machines are different. Check out the review below to make a choice.
What Does a K-cup Do?
A K-cup is a plastic ‘cup’ that holds the ground coffee. They come in a variety of flavors from over 75 brands. But, Kuring recommends brewing coffee from the Keurig K-cups for consistent cups of coffee.
You place it in a K-cup holder, and once the coffee maker is ready, the brewing process begins. The coffee in the pods stays fresh for a longer period.
However, you cannot compare coffee from the K-cups and that of freshly ground coffee beans. You can choose the best pod from a wide variety of brands.
For a quick summary of the 8 coffee machines, look at the table below. You do not want to miss any of the details.
|Keurig Coffee Maker||Features||Water reservoir||Single-serve or duo coffee maker||Buttons or touchscreen controls|
|Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker||-Auto on & off.-Descaling-Brews 6,8,10 cup sizes.-no intensity or strength control-No programmable features.||48 Ounces||Single-serve||Buttons|
|Keurig K-Duo Coffee Maker||-adjustable brew temperature-programmable auto-carafe brew-brews 6, 8, 10, 12 cup sizes-Brew a cup and carafe-strong brew option||60 Ounce||Duo coffee maker||Buttons|
|Keurig K155 Office Pro Commercial Coffee Maker||-programmable features-Auto on & off-Quiet brew technology-Adjustable brew temperature||90 Ounce||Single-serve||LED touchscreen|
|Keurig K-Slim Coffee Maker||-brews 8, 10, 12 cup sizes-5 inch wide-no programmable features||46 Ounce||Single-serve||Buttons|
|Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker||-brews 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 cup sizes-Iced settings-Hot water on demand-strong brew button-Descale feature-Quiet brew technology||75 Ounce||Single-serve||Buttons|
|Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker||-pause and pour for the carafe-multi position water tank-brews 6, 8, 10, 12 cup sizes-programmable carafe auto brew.-strong brew-smart start-thermal carafe||60 Ounce||Duo coffee maker.Carafe drip coffee maker||buttons|
|Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker||-versatile. Coffee, cappuccino and lattes-smart start-auto off feature-descale-high attitude setting-milk frother cup||60 Ounces||Single-serve||buttons|
|Keurig K250 Coffee Maker||-brews 4, 6, 8, 10 ounce K-cups sizes.-22, 26, 30 ounces for carafe-hot water-strength control-Keurig storage drawer-Keurig pod carousel-customizable settings||40 ounces||Single-serve||Touch screen|
Why Should you Consider a Keurig Coffee Maker?
Keurig coffee machines are affordable, versatile, and come in different features. Based on your coffee needs, budget, and preference, you will always get a coffee maker that will work for you.
The Keurig coffee machines have duo coffee makers, drip and single-serve coffee makers. Depending on your preference, you will always get a coffee maker from the brand.
So, if you have not used a Keurig coffee maker, check the factors below.
- Brew size
A Keurig coffee maker comes in different brew sizes. You need to consider the size, especially if you have to serve several people.
Most of the Keurig coffee makers have a 12 cup capacity. This means that they can brew 12 cups in each brewing session. The brew sizes will differ with the type of coffee machine.
The Keurig coffee machines will vary with the programmable features. But if you are looking for a coffee maker with this feature, be sure to find one from Keurig. An example is Keurig K-Duo.
The programmable features are like auto on/of, clock timer, carafe auto-brew, and 24-hour brewing. For instance, you can set the coffee maker to brew coffee in the morning.
This way, it saves you time to wait for the brewing process to complete. For Duo coffee machines, this feature works for the carafe only.
Most of the programmable features are available in the high-end coffee machines. This feature is worth considering when purchasing a Keurig coffee maker.
Before you buy any coffee machine, you need to consider the storage space in your kitchen, office, or cafe. You may buy a coffee maker only to find that you do not have enough counter space.
Also, you do not want to compromise on the safety of the coffee maker. The Keurig coffee makers come in different sizes.
Therefore, if you have limited space, you can always go for a smaller coffee machine. For instance, the Keurig K-Mini coffee maker is ideal for a kitchen with a smaller counter space.
4. Water reservoir
The water reservoir/tank holds water for coffee brewing. It comes in different sizes. The bigger the water tank, the more it saves you brewing time.
If the water reservoir holds more water, it will brew more cups of coffee. For example, the Keurig K155 Office Pro has a 90 Ounce water tank and brews 18 cups of coffee before refilling.
On the other hand, the Keurig K-Supreme coffee maker has a water capacity of 78 Ounces and brews 9 cups of coffee before refilling. A coffee maker with a big water reservoir will save you time and brew more cups of coffee.
5. K-cup technology
A Keurig coffee maker will use K-cups to brew coffee. It is recommended to use the K-cups when brewing, for a consistent and quality cup of coffee.
But, Keurig has introduced a reusable universal K-cup filter. With it, you can brew ground coffee without having to rely on the K-cups.
The K-cups will require you to have a disposal plan. But, this is not the case with the filter. You can use your freshly ground coffee beans, and also, it is easy to dispose of ground coffee.
Most of the Keurig coffee makers have a descale feature. They will even alert you of scheduled maintenance. But what is descaling?
It is the removal of calcium buildup and water impurities in a coffee machine. They can interfere with the original taste of the coffee or compromise the durability of the coffee machine.
An example of a Keurig coffee maker with the descale feature is the Keurig K50.
While still maintaining the example above, this coffee maker can brew different coffee drinks. The Keurig K50 can brew coffee, tea, hot cocoa, specialty, and Iced beverages.
There is a more advanced model. You can froth milk, make cappuccinos and lattes. If you are a coffee lover who loves trying other coffee beverages, you may consider a versatile coffee machine.
Unfortunately, most of the Keurig coffee machines do not have the frothing ability. The Keurig K-Cafe coffee maker has a shot button that makes the specialty drinks.
8. Touchscreen or buttons
To operate a Keurig coffee maker, you can either use a set of buttons or an LCD touchscreen. It will depend on your personal preference or the type of coffee maker.
The coffee makers available in the market will allow you to brew coffee using either of the controls. Some of the commands to enter are:
- Temperature control: you can control the temperature of the coffee brewing. It gives you control of the brewing process.
- Adjustable strength: depending on how you prefer your coffee, you can adjust the intensity to your desired taste. Choose from mild to strong coffee drinks. Other settings to enter is the drink size.
9. Single-serve or Duo coffee maker
A duo coffee maker can brew both single-serve and carafe brewing. To brew into a carafe, you can use pre-ground coffee or a k-carafe pod.
With a duo coffee maker, you brew coffee into a glass or thermal carafe. The carafe has a pause and pour feature, which allows you to serve coffee in mid-brew.
Depending on the number of people serving, you can choose between a single-serve or duo coffee maker. An example of a duo coffee maker is the Keurig K-Duo coffee maker.
How much are you willing to part with to buy a coffee machine. Keurig coffee machines come at different prices. The price will vary depending on the features and other functionalities.
If you are specific about a brand, it’s worth comparing the prices. You may get a coffee maker with better features than the one you were budgeting for.
With Keurig coffee makers, they come in different prices and features. You can compare the functionalities, versatility and the features.
You would rather pay more but invest in a durable and higher quality coffee machine. It may save you from having to visit a cafe for a cup of coffee.
Top 8 Keurig Coffee Makers
With so many Keurig coffee machines available in the market, it can be overwhelming to choose one that meets your needs or budget. These coffee machines are easy to use, versatile, and use K-cup pods to brew.
Besides these, they come with beautiful designs that add to the theme of any countertop. To find the best brewer, we have a compilation of 8 best Keurig coffee machines.
Let’s get started!
Keurig K-Classic Coffee Maker, Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer
Enjoy the best coffee flavor from over 75 brands and brew your K-cup pod using the Keurig coffee maker. As the best Keurig coffee maker, the K-Classic coffee maker has user-friendly features which make the brewing process easy and enjoyable.
As a single-serve, it allows you to choose from three cup sizes. These are 6, 8, and 10 Ounces. If you love your coffee strong, brew coffee using the 6 ounce.
The Keurig-K Classic coffee maker has a removable drip tray. It makes it possible to brew coffee in a 7.1-inch coffee mug.
- 48 Ounce water reservoir: the water reservoir is removable, making it easy for the barista to refill. Also, you can brew more than six cups of coffee without adding more water.
- Descaling: as part of maintenance, the Keurig K-Classic has a descale feature that removes calcium deposits.
- Auto-off: to save on energy, you can program the coffee maker to turn off after 2 hours.
- Buttons control: to brew coffee, the Keurig K-Classic uses buttons to enter commands. Available buttons are power, auto-off, heating, descale, and water.
Keurig K-Duo Coffee Maker, Single Serve, and 12-Cup Carafe Drip Coffee Brewer
The Keurig duo coffee maker uses ground coffee and K-cup pods to brew a single-serve or carafe. The coffee pods brew single-serve coffee while the carafe uses pre-ground coffee.
To pour coffee in mid-brew, the coffee maker holds for 20 seconds to allow you to serve from the carafe. The Keurig K-Duo has different brew sizes.
The carafe has 6, 8, 10, and 12 cups, while the single-serve has 6, 8, 10, and 12 ounces. With the different sizes, you can brew coffee for large families.
The coffee maker uses buttons to enter commands.
- Programmable auto-brew: you can set the coffee machine to brew coffee into the carafe for up to 24 hours.
- Smart start: there is no need to wait for the Keurig K-Duo coffee maker to heat.
- Pause & pour: you can pour coffee from the carafe without having to wait for the machine to finish brewing.
- 60 Ounce water reservoir: the removable water container holds water that you use to brew coffee for both single-serve and carafe.
- The glass carafe includes a heating plate that keeps your coffee hot.
Keurig K155 Office Pro Commercial Coffee Maker
Keurig coffee machines will either use buttons or touchscreen to operate. The Keurig Office pro uses an LCD touchscreen to enter commands.
Similar to other Keurig coffee makers, it has programmable features. This coffee machine is versatile. It brews iced beverages, tea, or hot cocoa as well in under one minute.
How do you love your cup of coffee? Depending on your coffee taste buds, you can choose from mild to strong coffee strength.
The Keurig Office Pro has four brewing sizes- 4, 6, 8, and 10 Ounces.
- Programmable: the Keurig Office Pro allows you to select a preferred language and brew temperature.
- The coffee maker has an auto on/off feature.
- The Keurig Office pro has a 90 Ounce water reservoir.
- To enter commands and settings to the coffee maker, you use the full-color LCD touchscreen.
4. Keurig K-Slim Coffee Maker, Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer
Do you have limited space in your kitchen? The Keurig k-Slim coffee maker fits on a small countertop. It is less than 5 inches.
With the Keurig K-Slim coffee maker, you do not have to worry about shutting it off. It has an auto-off feature that powers it off after 5 minutes.
The coffee maker uses buttons to enter commands. It brews three coffee sizes, that is, 8, 10, and 12 ounces.
- 46 Ounce water reservoir: to brew coffee, the Keurig K-Slim brews up to 4 cups before refilling.
- Energy saver: it has an auto-off feature that turns it off 5 minutes after the last brewing.
- K-cup universal coffee filter: although it is sold separately, you can use fresh ground coffee.
Keurig K-Elite Coffee Maker, With Iced Coffee Capability
Unfiltered water often has calcium and water impurities. To prevent buildups, you need to descale the coffee machine as often. It also helps to maintain the flavor of the coffee brewing.
The Keurig K-Elite coffee maker alerts you when to descale. Brew multiple coffee sizes, ranging from 4, 6, 8, 10, and 12 Ounces.
Brew Iced coffee with the touch of a button. The coffee maker has an iced coffee button. You only need to fill your glass with ice cubes. The coffee maker brews all K-cup pods.
- 75 Ounce water reservoir: brew 8 cups before refilling. The water container is also removable.
- Removable drip tray: this makes it easy for cleaning. Also, it allows the barista to brew coffee using travel mugs that are 7.2 inches.
- The Keurig K-Elite brews iced coffee with a touch of a button.
- Maintenance: the coffee maker reminds you of a scheduled descale.
Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker, Single Serve
As a duo coffee maker, you can brew coffee in a carafe or as a single-serve. It has a stainless steel thermal carafe. The Keurig K-Duo plus coffee maker has a capacity of 12 cups.
To pour coffee in mid-brew, the coffee maker automatically pauses for 20 seconds. To optimize on counter space, you can position the water reservoir on the right, left, or at the back of the coffee machine.
- Smart start: you do not have to wait for the coffee maker to preheat before selecting the cup size.
- Brew sizes: the Keurig K-Duo coffee maker has a capacity of 12 cups. The carafe and the single-serve have 2, 8, 10, and 12 coffee sizes.
- 60 Ounces water reservoir: in addition to having a large water container, it is also removable. You can place it at an ideal place to save on counter space.
- Programmable features: you can program the coffee maker to brew coffee into the carafe 24 hours in advance. For instance, you can set it to brew coffee in the morning.
- To hold the ground coffee for brewing, the coffee maker uses a gold tone mesh filter.
Keurig K-Cafe Coffee Maker, Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee
The Keurig K-Cafe coffee maker brews different coffee beverages. It brews lattes and cappuccinos as well, using the K-cup pods. The milk frother is dishwasher safe and froths your choice of fresh milk.
To brew coffee using fresh ground coffee, the K-Cafe coffee maker is compatible with the K-cup reusable filter. The programmable auto-off feature turns off the brewer after 2 hours of inactivity.
With this coffee maker, you do not have to visit a cafe for barista level coffee specialties. Brew creamy lattes and creamy cappuccinos using any K-pod.
- Travel mug friendly: you can brew coffee into a 7.2-inch tall mug.
- Descale: the K-Cafe coffee maker will remind you of scheduled maintenance.
- Smart start: like other Keurig coffee makers, the K-Cafe does not require you to wait for it to heat up. It brews coffee in one simple step.
- Buttons control: the coffee maker uses buttons to brew coffee. Press to select cappuccinos, lattes, or iced coffee.
Keurig K250 Coffee Maker
To operate the Keurig K250, it has a black & white touchscreen. To save on space, the coffee maker has a reservoir at the back. It has a capacity of 40 Ounces.
To match the theme of your kitchen, select your coffee maker from a variety of colors. You can brew coffee into a carafe or travel mug. However, the carafe is sold separately.
To brew into the carafe, use the K-carafe pods to brew enough coffee. It has a removable drip tray that makes it easy for cleaning and prevents spills on your countertop.
- Drawer storage: the purpose of a drawer to hold everything in place. The Keurig drawer stores the coffee pods for brewing.
- Customizable settings: to enter settings into the coffee machine, it has a black and white touchscreen.
- Keurig pod carousel: the carousel stores K-cups, K-mugs, and K-Carafe in a stylish and simple design.
Pros and Cons of Using a Keurig Coffee Maker
If you are the kind of person who cannot start the day without a cup of coffee, then investing in a coffee maker should be a top priority. What is your opinion on Keurig coffee makers?
Can you already tell the benefits of the coffee machines? The coffee machines also have several drawbacks. Let’s have a look at the general pros and cons of using a Keurig coffee maker.
- Versatility: for a family, not everyone will enjoy a cup of coffee. Having a coffee maker that can brew other beverages is a huge bonus and also saves you time.
- Programmable: sometimes, it can be very tiring having to wait for the coffee to brew. How convenient is it to have a coffee maker that has programmable features?
For instance, you can set the Keurig coffee maker to brew coffee early in the morning.
- Easy to use: a Keurig coffee maker is easy to use. You do need to have barista skills to brew. The coffee machines either use an LCD touchscreen or buttons to enter commands.
You can control the temperature, brew size, and intensity of the coffee. But, this will depend on the type of coffee maker.
- Variety to choose from: Keurig has various coffee machines to choose from. The Keurig company is always upgrading the coffee machines to offer quality and more features.Also, the brand has over 400 varieties of K-cup pods to use.
- Fresh coffee: the coffee in the Keurig K-cups remains fresh for a longer time as it is always sealed. To use for brewing, you only need to insert it in the pod holder. Each brewing session uses one K-cup.
- Reusable universal filter: to brew your freshly ground coffee, Keurig has come up with the K-cup reusable filter. For a barista, this does not limit you to using the coffee pods only.
- Removable drip tray: a drip tray collects coffee spills and, therefore, it keeps your countertops tidy. It makes it easier for cleaning. Also, a removable drip tray makes it possible to brew coffee using a travel mug.
The major drawbacks of a Keurig coffee maker are:
- Coffee pods management: the K-cups pods need a better form of disposal. Imagine if you are to brew coffee three times a day. It means that you have three coffee pods to dispose of.
The material used with the pods is not environmentally friendly. Ground coffee is easy to dispose of, unlike the K-cup pods. They are not recyclable.
- Durability: Most reviewers had an issue with the durability of the Keurig coffee makers. After some time of use, they start developing problems.
- Single-serve can be limiting: The Keurig single-serve coffee makers will have you brewing several other times to make enough coffee. It means that you will also have to use as many K-cups.
- Lower quality cappuccino and lattes: since the Keurig coffee maker is not an espresso coffee machine, the quality of the specialty drinks differs. To enjoy quality cappuccinos and lattes, you might consider using a coffee machine that has the features of making milk textured drinks.
- Expensive: As earlier mentioned, the Keurig coffee machines come at different prices. But, there are other accessories to use with the coffee maker. To brew ground coffee, you need a K-cup filter. It does not come with a coffee machine.
On the other hand, you will have to buy the Keurig K-cups to brew coffee. Based on your preference, you may prefer using the pods or budget for a universal filter.
- Storage space: Keurig has different sizes for coffee machines. The brand has specific coffee machines for limited counter space. But what if a smaller coffee machine is not your choice?
What if you have limited space in your kitchen, and your choice of coffee maker takes up a large space? The size of the coffee maker can be such a drawback.
Keurig Coffee Maker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
If you are using a Keurig coffee maker, you may be having questions about the machine. If you plan to buy the coffee maker, here are some of the answers to the questions you may be having.
Here we go!
Q. How does a Keurig coffee maker brew coffee?
A. As earlier stated, the Keurig coffee maker is easy to use. The coffee maker brews single-serve coffee. But, the brand has a duo coffee maker that brews coffee into a carafe.
To brew coffee, start by filling the reservoir with clean water. Next, place a K-cup pod in the K-cup slot.
Select your cup size and wait for the coffee maker to brew. Depending on the Keurig coffee maker you are using, you can also select the temperature and intensity.
The small pin at the top and bottom of the K-cup slot penetrates through the pod, allowing hot water to pass through the ground coffee.
If you are brewing coffee into a carafe, you can pre-program it to brew coffee at a specific time. It is that easy to brew coffee using a Keurig coffee maker.
Q. How do I clean a Keurig coffee maker?
A. Most of the recent versions of Keurig coffee makers have the descale feature. Descaling is removing calcium buildups that can damage a coffee machine.
As with most coffee machines, you need to descale after 3 to 6 months. It helps to brew fresh and high-quality coffee. A Keurig coffee maker will alert you to descale.
For further information, check the Keurig descale instructions.
Q. Can I use my freshly ground coffee with the Keurig coffee maker?
A. Yes, you can grind your coffee at home and use it for brewing. The K-cup universal filter is reusable. You can fill it with coffee and insert it in the Keurig coffee maker.
However, the filter does not come with the coffee machine. You will have to make an additional purchase. Unlike the K-cup pods, which you have to dispose of after use, the filter is reusable.
Q. How do the Keurig K-cup pods work?
A. Before explaining how the K-cups work, it’s worth noting that they brew fresh, consistent, and quality cups of coffee. There are over 400 varieties to choose from and use.
You can brew decaf, bold, milk, and flavored coffee. The K-cup pods have a paper filter that holds the ground coffee.
Hot water flows into the coffee. To extract the full flavor of the coffee, the coffee maker uses gentle pressure. The resulting coffee is rich in flavor, fresh, and high-quality.
Q. What causes the Keurig coffee maker not to heat up?
A. After using the Keurig coffee maker for some time, you realize that it does not heat up. Some of the most probable reasons are:
- There may be a problem with the heating system. It could be an issue with the water pump.
- It could be clogging from the calcium buildup, resulting in a malfunction. This requires you to descale the Keurig coffee maker.
- The problem could be with the water pump.
You can also contact Keurig support to help you troubleshoot the problems. They will guide you on the best solution or help you with the repair.
Q. Which is the best coffee maker for limited kitchen space?
The Keurig coffee maker comes in different sizes. For convenience, the brand has coffee machines that suit small countertops.
It has a removable water reservoir, which holds enough water for coffee brewing. The size of the coffee maker works well for kitchen and countertops with smaller storage space.
Q. Is it worth buying a Keurig single cup coffee maker?
A. Yes, if you have limited space in your kitchen. An example is the Keurig K-Mini Plus coffee maker. It is smaller in size, has a strong brew option, easy to use, and accommodates a 7 inch travel mug.
It is convenient and brews coffee within one minute. It has a one-cup water reservoir, meaning that you have to add water for each brew. The width of the coffee maker is less than 5 inches.
Similar to other Keurig coffee machines, it has an auto turn-off that saves energy after 90 seconds. It has a brew size of 6 to 12 ounces.
For a coffee lover who cannot start a day without caffeine, you can consider having the coffee maker in your kitchen. It is compatible with the reusable coffee filter.
How To Find the Best Keurig Brewer for You?
There is a rise in the usage of the Keurig coffee maker. You can use it for home kitchen use or commercial purposes. Also, a coffee maker makes a perfect gift.
To find the best Keurig brewer, you need to identify what you exactly want to achieve with it. For instance, do you want a versatile coffee machine or a single cup brewer? Should the coffee maker have the features to brew textured drinks?
Besides that, you need to have a budget. How much are you willing to spend on a coffee machine? Check the brew size, storage, and other programmable features.
Finally, check the functionality and maintenance. How do you operate the coffee maker? Do you prefer buttons or a touchscreen? The Keurig coffee maker has easy to use controls.
Is a Keurig coffee Maker Worth Buying?
Before you conclude on a specific coffee maker, you can go over the review section to see what other people have to say about it.
Also, you can go through a buying guide to help you make the right decision.
Despite the drawbacks, a Keurig coffee maker is worth buying. It is convenient, easy to use, versatile, and has programmable features. Besides, you can get a coffee maker if you have limited space.
With it, you do not have to visit a cafe every time you need to sip coffee. You can brew coffee at any time. Also, there are over 400 varieties of K-cup pods to use.
You can also use a reusable filter to use with your ground coffee. Brew coffee your way and at your convenience. The Keurig coffee maker is worth buying for your kitchen use.
They are affordable and come at different prices. If you are looking to buy a coffee maker, this review gives you everything you need to know about a Keurig coffee maker.
Do you feel like the Keurig coffee maker meets your preference? If you are already using one, what is your experience so far?