The Behmor 1600 Plus produces evenly roasted coffee. It gives you control and lets you roast a whole one pound of green beans in a cycle. It is packed up with a variety of features and controls to lighten the roasting process.
To learn more, here is a review of this roaster.
- ☕High Efficiency: 110V coffee bean roaster has a powerful agitator, roast 750 grams (1.65lb/26.45 ounces) green coffee beans in 25 minutes, larger roasting chambers for big volume roasting.
- ☕Good Design Electric Roaster: Waffle-shaped internal structure for even and quite roasting. Upper holes let you listen to the popping sounds to gauge the coffee roasting process. Transparent lid lets you see the roasting color easily. Adjustable temperature from 100-240℃(212-464℉) let you get exactly the roast you’re looking for. Nonstick finish makes it easy to clean. Heat resistance grip protects your hands, but it's wise to wear gloves to protect from heat.
- ☕Home Coffee Roasters: The smoke reduction system for this commercial coffee roaster significantly reduces smoke and odor, pleasant indoor roasting experience, and smell the coffee flavors of baked beans.
- ☕Easy Use: Automatic coffee roaster is great for beginners who are just starting to roast coffee at home. Very easy to use, greater operability, just choose the desired temperature for different roasting requirements,the thermostatically controlled roasting elements make sure the roasted beans evenly and reached the desired roast level.
- ☕Multi-function: Affordable coffee been roaster machine for home use can be used to roast many kinds of beans including peanuts, popping popcorn, raw melon seeds and so on.it is a dual-use Baking Machine that does the job well.
- KALDI Motorize Coffee Roaster
- Gas Burner Required
- Body, Thermometer, Hopper, Probe Rod, Chaff Holder Included
- Free Volt Adapter Included
- 1.【500g family capacity】Up to 500g/17.6oz/1.1lb can be baked at a time, the best baking capacity is 300-500g, temperature adjustment is 0-240℃(33-464℉), the appropriate temperature can be adjusted when baking different varieties of beans.
- 2.【Excellent transparent cover】The top transparent cover has 4 vent holes, and the strong aroma of beans is continuously emitted through the holes. Every time you hear a popping sound, you can observe the status and color of the coffee beans to facilitate timely temperature adjustment.
- 3.【Becoming a coffee roast lover】Owning a coffee roaster is the prerequisite for becoming a coffee lover. When you have your own coffee roaster, you can not only roast coffee beans of various flavors,like a dark roast or light roast. but also save money on buying coffee beans in the store.
- 4.【Multi-function】Not only can you use it to roast coffee beans, your families can also use it to roast pecans, almonds, peanuts,sunflowers,popcorn, etc. This nut roaster can meet the roasting needs of a family.
- 5.【Easy to clean and store】After the heating unit has cooled down, please use a rag to clean the bean chaff and grease in the machine, and the lid can be cleaned with water. The machine size is 13x13x5in and weighs 6.6lb. After drying, it can be placed on the kitchen counter or in the cabinet.
Last update on 2022-06-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Features and Measurement
Behmor 1600 plus home coffee roaster stands at 9x9x15.25 inches LxWxH and weighs 22.4 pounds. It has several unique features such as:
It is made of stainless steel with a back finish. This blends well with any kitchen décor and adds some glamorous feel. It’s simple design also makes roasting the coffee beans an easy task with the help of the control panel.
Last update on 2022-06-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
With the various user profiles, you can use different amounts of coffee beans, such as a pound. There are up/down options and a cooling button. It is advised to use a smaller amount of beans before moving to a whole pound if you are a beginner.
It has a lighted interior design that lets you see the beans as they are being roasted through the windowing of the door. A single bulb supplies the light.
To gauge the roasting level, you need to know your user profile, bean types, and size, expected results, and even listen to the first and second cracks of the beans.
Unlike most roasters, the Behmor 1600 plus home coffee roaster is backed up by smoke suppression technology. It allows you to use it indoors conveniently without offsetting the smoke alarm.
However, it would help if you had a ventilated area to place the roaster or near a range hood. A significant amount of smoke is emitted when you roast dark coffee. This smoke might be too much for the range vent to handle.
The roaster has customized controls. You press a button and control the roasting time, temperature, and cooling time.
There is a variable speed setting for an evenly running roasting drum; this produces a smooth and uniform roast in every use.
There are thermostatic control elements made for the roasting process. When the roasting is done, your coffee cools off fast with the help of the cooling system. The similar options has Coffee Roaster Machine with Cooling Function
Last update on 2022-06-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Behmor 1600 plus has a removable drum and chaff tray, which make it easy to clean. These parts are also easy to clean and dry.
Depending on your roast needs and preferences, you can use the manual setting by simply bypassing the presets.
There is an advanced system self-test for checking any issues that may arise with the machine fast and conveniently.
5 User Profiles
Behmor Coffee roaster 1600 plus has five customizable roast profiles. These give you more insight into the roasting process. There is a nuanced control panel for fine-tuning the roaster’s operations, such as the speed and temperature.
The Behmor 1600 Plus has a bean capacity of one pound, an attribute that is not found in most roasters in the market. Most of them can only handle about eight ounces per roast and take more time roasting the desired amount.
However, though the capacity is large, roasting one-pound green coffee beans at a go may result in uneven roasts since the machine may struggle. As such, it would be best to roast smaller amounts for better results.
The roaster has an efficient cooling cycle. This cools your coffee and roaster within no time after roast. This way, you don’t have to sit around waiting for the roster to cool for you to clean it. The removable chaff tray and drum make the cleaning process easy.
The roaster operates at 55 DB, making it one of the noiseless machines you will find in the market.
Behmor Coffee roaster 1600 plus comes with a chaff tray that gathers and collects the produced chaff from the roasting beans.
The chaff goes into the removable tray by passing through the mesh in the roasted basket. Additionally, there’s a brush for sweeping out any chaff that’s left behind.
When the roast is almost done at 75%, the roaster’s timer starts to blink. When this happens, you are to press start over-wise; it will lead to an error as the coffee bean roaster goes into a cooling mode in 30 seconds, assuming you’re not attending to it.
This safety feature is intended to help you roast your coffee, enabling you to know when the roast is almost done. During this time, the bean oils rise to the bean surface.
How it’s Used
Behmor 1600 Plus Coffee Roaster is an exceptional appliance whose usability is a bit complex. It has a good build quality, but the roasting drum mesh is a bit tight, and the small bean easily escapes.
The chaff tray has a spring-loaded mechanism as it can be inserted into the machine while still tight. However, you must be careful while inserting the roasting drum as it’s easy to insert it incorrectly.
The roaster’s control panel and screen aren’t of the best quality despite having a built-in smoke suppression system; it is still too smoky and not ideal for indoor use.
According to a Behmor 1600 plus coffee roaster review by one of the users, it sets off the smoke alarm and leaves an unpleasant odor when used indoors. You can solve this problem by placing it underneath an exhaust fan.
The roaster has a built-in short cord about 4 inches long. This is a limitation for a kitchen with limited power outlets.
Additionally, the behavior 1600 plus manual dictates that the roaster should not be used with an extension cord. And you can’t place it less than 18 inches from any wall, vertically or horizontally. This then makes using it even more difficult.
To use it efficiently, you need to place the roaster on a stable, heat-resistant surface. If you lack this requirement, then you might be forced to use it in the garage, an alternative that is also prohibited in the roaster manual. This is because, under bright light, the screen washes out, making it hard to read.
On a good note, the roaster has five user profiles. There are also profile buttons for presetting. At P1, you can set the hottest roast, while at P5, you can set the coolest roast. In manual mode, the profiles work in reverser, with P1 being the coolest and P5 the hottest.
If you’re interested in a portable roasting machine, you may also like Brisunshine Electric Coffee Roaster Machine for Home Use.
How it’s Cleaned
As per the user manual, you should clean the roaster after each use. Behmor 1600 plus cleaning isn’t a complex task since chaff is collected during the roasting process.
You start by removing the chaff tray then use a vacuum to blow out the roaster. After every five roasts, you can use a non-abrasive and non-caustic cleaning agent to perform a dry burn for the interior part.
You are required to do a thorough cleaning every four months. And this involves removing the 11 Philips head screws.
Pros and Cons
Who It Is For
Behmor1600 Plus is made for users who want an easy-to-use roaster that produces flavorful coffee.
It’s also perfect for beginners who want a machine that is not complicated. Note that this machine comes with a well-detailed manual.
It’s not for people who have limited wiring in their kitchen or a small kitchen. This is because it produces smoke and needs ample horizontal and vertical space.
This coffee roasting machine is affordable and comes with a one-year warranty. However, you have to register with the manufacturer to activate the warranty.
What to Consider When Buying the Behmor 1600 Plus
Before making the purchase, there are some factors about the roaster you need to consider. These include;
Coffee roasters are available at different prices. When looking to buy one, have a budget in mind; this way, you’ll avoid over or underspend.
Choose a budget-friendly roaster like the Behmor 1600 Plus, so you won’t have to dig deeper into your pocket.
You will be glad about this choice because, at a low price, you get multiple features and functionality.
Additionally, as an upgrade, it has a control panel, flexible manual, and preloaded profile switch. Plus it can monitor the thermostat and exhaust temperatures.
2. Usability and maintenance
If you want to learn how to roast coffee at home, you need to get a machine that has easy usability. As such the Behmor 1600 roaster is easy to use even for a first-time user.
There are preset options that ease the learning process of this roaster with an additional user booklet that offers you the Behmor 1600 plus roasting tips.
Behmor recommends cleaning it after every roast. The chaff tray is removable and collects most of the chaff, which you sweep out with a brush.
Choose a roaster that gives you value for money, one that can do more than just roast coffee beans. With Behmor 1600, you don’t have to roast coffee beans all the time; you can change the routine and roast nuts instead.
4. The size and capacity
When you are purchasing a roaster, you need to have the size and capacity you need in mind. It will determine the quantity of coffee beans you roast in one cycle as per your needs and where you will pace your roaster.
With this roaster, it has a capacity of one pound which can be roasted in a single dose. This is one of the features that sets the Behmor 1600 Plus apart from other roasters.
You can also roast a quarter or half a pound of beans. With the different profiles, you can have your coffee in the hottest or coolest form. The roaster has an even heating system that ensures your coffee has the right temperature and taste.
This machine has a compact design for the size, and you can place it on an island or kitchen counter.
5. Build quality
It’s best if you choose a roaster that is well built and with a compact design. This roaster has a high build quality; it has a tight mesh found on the roasting drum to hold in all the beans as they are being roasted.
The removable chaff tray can be inserted into the machine without much effort because of the spring-loaded mechanism.
As you search for your ideal roaster, go for one that has easy-to-use features and functions so as not to frustrate your roasting spree.
The Behmor 1600 plus is that roaster; it has features such as automatic setting, customizable profiles, and bean type and quantity settings, among others. This makes it easy to operate with no complications.
7. Roast quality
The best roaster should roast all your coffee beans evenly, giving you a suitable temperature and taste.
Behmor 1600 plus passes this test. It’ll give you perfect results when you use it with a single-origin bean. Unfortunately, the roaster may fail to achieve French, Vienna, or a dark Italian roast.
If you wish to get light roasts, there are customizable options such as the drum speed and cooling duration.
8. Roast time
Roast quality goes hand-in-hand with roast time. Depending on your needs, choose a roster that matches the brew you want. With Behmor 1600 plus coffee roaster, your roasting time is about 40 minutes for a pound of coffee beans, including the cooling cycle duration.
With the different customizable profiles, you can set other roast times and temperatures. You have the option to increase the roast time at intervals of 15 seconds or decrease them at intervals of 10 seconds.
Why Get The Behmor 1600 Plus
The Behmor 1600 Plus is a good roaster for someone who does not mind a light or medium roast. It is easy to use even with no prior experience and offers multiple features at an affordable price.
Get Best Coffee Guides and Offers
Sign up for our coffee insights