Whether you want to brew using a drip machine, French press, or a pour-over setup, the key to making that perfect cup of Joe is in the consistency and quality of your grounds. For this, you’ll need an excellent coffee grinder.
Encore Coffee Grinder is an entry-level appliance that is priced closely to other premium appliances. Its superior motor, durability, gear system, great build, and diverse grind setting are aspects that set it apart.
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and backed by Baratza’s world class support.
- GO-TO ENTRY LEVEL GRINDER - Baratza’s best-selling grinder, with its small footprint, is THE choice for brewing coffee at home. Available in White or Black.
- USER FRIENDLY - A convenient, front-mounted pulse button, plus a simple ON/OFF switch make it easy to grind fresh coffee.
- 40 GRIND SETTINGS - Engineered with 40mm commercial-grade conical burrs that help you explore the extensive range of brew methods (espresso, Aeropress, Hario V60, Chemex, French Press, and automatic brewers).
- WARRANTY/QUALITY PARTS - Hardened alloy steel burrs manufactured in Liechtenstein, Europe, plus a powerful DC motor. This combination creates a consistent grind and durability to ensure the longevity users have come to expect from the Baratza brand. The Encore is backed by Baratza’s world class support and a 1 year warranty. 2020 Update has exact same trusted functionality with a sleek new exterior.
- SPECIALTY COFFEE ASSOCIATION AWARD-WINNING GRINDERS - Baratza grinders are preferred by coffee professionals and tops the list of review sites like Wirecutter.
- DUAL-RANGE ADJUSTMENT SYSTEM - This innovative multi-purpose adjustment mechanism features micro-steps from #1-20 for high resolution espresso grinding, and macro-steps from #21-40 suitable for filter brewing methods.
- USER FRIENDLY - Fresh coffee is as simple as a single-handed hopper twist for grind size adjustment, then a push of the front-mounted pulse button, or a turn of the ON/OFF switch.
- QUICK-RELEASE BURR - The burr mounting system has been redesigned to allow for quick removal without taking the entire grinder apart. That means it’s easier than ever to clean and maintain the Encore ESP without the need for extra tools.
- WARRANTY/QUALITY PARTS - Engineered with 40mm hardened alloy steel burrs manufactured in Liechtenstein, Europe, plus a powerful DC motor. This combination creates a consistent grind and durability to ensure the longevity users have come to expect from the Baratza brand. The Encore ESP is backed by Baratza’s world class support and warranty.
- Stainless steel conical burrs create uniform grounds for optimal flavor
- 15 grind size settings (plus additional microsettings) from fine for espresso to coarse for French press and cold brew
- One-touch start remembers your last setting, just push to grind
- Large-capacity hopper holds up to 3/4 lb/12 oz of coffee beans
- UV-blocking tint shields coffee beans from UV rays
Last update on 2023-08-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What Makes The Encore Coffee Grinder Worth Buying
This grinder lives up to its promises; it meets the value for money expectation.
Last update on 2023-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Dimensions And Features
Standing at 4.7×6.3×13.8 inches LxWxH, this Encore grinder weighs about 6.83 pounds. It has a basic yet adjustable calibration system. Most coffee grinders in the same level don’t have any calibration system.
There are about 40 different ground settings you can choose from; ground your beans from coarser to as fine as you like.
The grinder has a DC motor which keeps the beans cool as the burr is slowed to 450 RPM by the gear speed. This makes the grinder noiseless while producing smooth grinds.
The DC and gear speed also ensure your grinder does not release beans or aroma oils prematurely due to excessive heat.
Its noiseless operations are attributed to the new and improved gearbox. Also, this gives it a steady design, unlike the earlier models. Most of the internal parts are made of plastic, excluding the steel burrs that are made using hardened alloy.
The speed gear is made of glass-filled thermoplastic, making it durable. This design and material are used to make the Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder a long-lasting appliance.
Additionally, the gearbox makes the grinder resilient by preventing internal damage caused by sudden jam stops.
How to Use It
The Baratza Encore Coffee Grinder does not require tech-savvy skills to operate. It has well-labeled switches thanks to the gearbox, and no effort is needed.
It’s an automatic machine which makes it easy to use. You only need to adjust the grind settings as required. To change the grind options all you need to do is rotate the hopper.
On the side, there’s an on/off switch from which you can turn it on. If you wish to pulse the grinding, you only need to press the pulse button at the center front. It has catch bins for collecting the loose grounds.
However, at times, the grounds stick inside the grinder due to static; this creates a mess and makes it hard to clean it.
For the bean size, the grinder works best with average-sized beans. If you use larger beans, the grinder may be challenging to use. With medium-sized and large beans, these won’t feed through the hopper, and some get leftover.
The encore grinder is best used for grinding regular-sized beans such as
However, the Encore coffee Grinder is not ideal for espresso lovers. The grinder can produce the shot of Espresso, but it will not be of the preferred quality. That’s because the motor does not operate well with finer settings needed for Espresso.
Also, when not careful, this can easily damage your grinder. For better results, you can use a pressurized basket.
Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder has a premium price, unlike other entry-level grinders. Nonetheless, when compared with other models, this grinder and its features are worth its price.
It includes a one-year warranty backed up with customer support from the Baratza brand.
How it’s Cleaned
Home appliances and machines, including grinders, have to be cleaned regularly to improve their functionality and increase their serviceability. As such, cleaning the Baratza Encore Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Bin isn’t as complex.
Coffee beans contain oil, and some may be left on the grinder’s burrs, hopper, discharge chute, and grind chambers. Darker roasted coffee might leave more oil residue. As such, any surface that’s in contact with the coffee should be cleaned regularly.
Cleaning these surfaces ensures there are no leftover flavor and aroma from the previous grind. That’s because these interfere with the taste of the new brew, cleaning them improves the taste.
Oil buildup also makes the grinder slow, and cleaning it will improve its performance. The grinder package comes with a small wire brush which you can use to clean these parts. Brush away the surfaces of the grind chambers, in-between the tech and the burrs, to remove the oils and residue.
Use the same brush to clean the discharge chute; the brush is long enough. The grinder comes with a user manual with a well-detailed procedure on how to use and clean it.
Pros and Cons
Who Is It For?
The Baratza Encore Burr Coffee Grinder is made for people who prefer to brew their coffee rather than buy. It’s also made for people who like to try out a different type of mineralized water and fresh coffee beans in their brew.
Its ease of use makes it ideal for beginners as it runs automatically. As a beginner, you’ll find it exceptional, and you can try out different brewing styles.
However, it may not be suitable for pro brewers who need an all-round grinder. You can get a premium grinder but at a higher price.
What to Look Out for When Buying a Coffee Grinder
When purchasing a coffee grinder, note that there are many available choices out there. And this can be overwhelming. However, this process can be simplified if you considered some factors like;
Grinders such as the Encore Coffee Grinder are manufactured with a specified capacity of coffee they can hold. That also means different machines have different capacities, it can either be low or high. Even then a higher capacity doesn’t mean the grinder is better.
When choosing your grinder, first know your coffee needs; how much coffee do you need per brew? If you’re purchasing a grinder for commercial brewing, you’ll then need a grinder with a higher capacity, but if you’re buying one for home use, then a small capacity grinder will do just fine.
Grinders have speed motors that grind the coffee beans at a certain speed. Some speed motors are slow while others are fast.
While high-speed grinder may be ideal for espresso shots as they can produce finer grounds, such machines are not always the best. This is because high speed comes with excessive heat production. And that can cause damages such as burning your coffee while altering its aroma and flavor.
You can avoid this by starting and stopping the grinding process after some time. Also, this can take up more time before you complete a single brew. You can opt for a grinder with a gear reduction like the Baratza Encore Burr Coffee Grinder. Plus this grinder addresses the heating problem.
There are two types of grinders, Stepped and stepless. Stepped grinders are those that come with several settings from which you can select your grind option. For example fine or medium grind.
Stepless grinders are those models that have no established settings and provide a basic range of grinding. Stepless grinders tend to be more expensive than stepped ones.
Ease of use and cleaning
If you’re new to coffee grinding, you’ll need a grinder that’s easy to use. Identifying the right grinder is today easier thanks to the reviews available online for different grinders. Note that s complicated grinder can be hard to use, especially if you’re not used to operating one.
Consider getting a grinder like Baratza Encore Burr Coffee Grinder. That’s because it’s an automatic machine that is easy to use and it proactively operates by itself. Also, such a grinder makes cleaning a lot easier and maintenance is effortless.
Can the Encore Coffee Grinder Enhance your Brewing Experience?
The Encore Coffee Grinder is a good machine for beginners and users who want an upgrade. It offers you the chance to dive into different grind settings and try out new grind styles.
What’s more, it’s easy to use, maintain plus it gives you consistent grinds. What’s more, the encore offers you a better experience at an affordable price. The encore’s simple features will give you a good start in the specialty coffee world.
Get Best Coffee Guides and Offers
Sign up for our coffee insights