If you’re looking for a less expensive yet reliable, durable, and fairly less complicated coffee roaster, then Gene Café CBR-101 Home Coffee Roaster is the perfect option for you.
Just see what does this unit do:
- Roast coffee at home at a rate of about 250 g of coffee at a time.
- Compact and inexpensive, but with all the features.
- Virtually silent, low power consumption.
- Temperature 0-250 degrees Celsius.
- Programming a roasting profile.
- A transparent drum allows you to control the process visually.
Are you intrigued to see other features? Let’s continue!
Notable Features of Gene Cafe CBR-101 Home Coffee Roaster
- Capacity: as large as 300grams to as small as 50grams
- Material: plastic with tempered glass drum
- Type: commercial
- Settings/Modes: 2 levels of roasting
- Where Produced: Korea
- Shipping: Standard shipping cost of $99 in the continental United States. Additional charges for AK, HI, Canada. DHL is available for international.
- Warranty: Limited Lifetime Guarantee
- Rating (out of 5): 4.0 out of 5 stars
The Gene Cafe CBR-101 Home Coffee Roaster performed extremely well roasting 6 times a week for 7 full years – not bad for a machine with high heat, a motor, and moving parts. It consistently roasts to a desired temp and doneness quickly, and efficiently to avoid that “baked” flavor of beans roasted too long at too low a temp. With high use, we notice we do need to replace the heating element about every 3 years, which adds $100 to the investment.
The full review of Gene Cafe CBR-101 Home Coffee Roaster
This is the best choice for a home roaster if you include dark roasts. Much better quality roast than high-volume hot air roasters.
Reasonably quiet, (but there is a weighted “flapper” that cleans the output screen, this interferes with the sound of the crack. It’s still audible, but you have to pay attention). Easy to clean.
Cools down rather slowly. You need to stop 45 seconds before the roast you want.
Better visibility than the other units can roast dark roasts. Not as quiet as you want it. Can’t roast as much as the Bohmor, but since roasted coffee loses flavor after a week, having a pound of roasted coffee isn’t really an issue.
So easy to use, and such a great roast.
The Bottom Line
Gene Cafe CBR-101 Home Coffee Roaster a good product. It produces a good, even roast. The only downside is that the amount of smoke it accumulates can get frustrating. Be sure to clean out the chaff collector every roast in order to get consistent roasts.
Another suggestion is to stop the roast a little before it gets to your desired doneness because it cools slowly.