Enjoying a tasty cup of coffee every morning will not only be influenced by the coffee beans you use, but by how you’ll grind the beans. That means the coffee grinder will affect the taste of your coffee.
- [ Built-in Adjustable Grind Selector ] The Manual Coffee Grinder by JavaPresse Coffee Company is equipped with over 18 manual grind settings to ensure you have 100% precision & control over the coarseness of your grind; great for all coffee brewing methods for that perfect cup of freshly ground coffee to start your day.
- [ Convenient, Portable & Easy to Use ] Convenient hand crank mechanism eliminates over 90% of the noise that an electric coffee bean grinder would produce; unlike electric burr grinders for coffee beans, JavaPresse hand coffee grinder requires no batteries, power, or long plastic cords to operate allowing you to enjoy fresh ground coffee beans at home or on the go; perfect for your next camping, hiking, or backpacking trip.
- [ A Freshly Ground Cup of Coffee to Start Your Day ] JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinders are equipped with a professional grade ceramic conical burr to heighten flavors of the most exquisite coffees in the world; providing an incredibly consistent grind for a variety of brews while making as little noise as possible; smell the fresh aroma of freshly ground coffee as you brew them on your espresso machine, Aeropress, French Press or Pour Over Coffee Maker. Ground, Brew, and Enjoy!
- [ Quality Tested and Built to Last ] Crafted with the same essence as traditional Japanese cookware, our patented ceramic coffee grinder burr is tested through three quality inspections to last 5x's longer than comparable stainless steel coffee burrs; combined with an impeccable stainless steel frame and convenient size, this coffee burr grinder is at the pinnacle of travel gadgets.
- [ Enhance your morning experience with the JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder ] Features a built-in adjustable grind selector with 18 adjustable grind settings to craft your perfect cup; this manual burr grinder is built with a patented dual plated ceramic burr assembly that's great for all coffee brewing methods; comes with a manufacturer warranty & 100% money back guarantee.
- Lengthen stainless steel handle saves you effort when grinding beans, providing fun of grinding coffee beans.
- Ceramic burr will not add heat during grinding. the coffee mill can use for longer time and can keep the original flavor of coffee, making this the best choice of coffee lovers.
- Silicon lid is soft to touch and convenient to add beans, and both the brush and scoop can help you enjoy the brew anywhere without further tools. This coffee mill is easy to wash and clean.
- The coffee grinder is adjustable and easy to control. Adjusting grind control can help you get coffee fine or coarse. It all depends on your will.
- The coffee mill can disassemble into parts, all the parts are washable without limit. And two glass jars design are convenient to keep powders or beans during traveling or small party with friends.
- ☕ EXTERNAL ADJUSTMENT RING - Over 90 clicks on the numerical dial ensure you have 100% precision control fine or coarse grind. The intuitive adjustment setting as you expect from an electric grinder.
- ☕ SPECIALIZED "K BURR" - The heptagonal conical burr, ideal for a variety of brewing methods. Excellence and consistency of performance, which make a clean and bright tasting. That is difficult to achieve with other grinders.
- ☕ QUICK-RELEASE MAGNETS CATCH CUP - Much easier removal by twisting the catch cup. By pulling the snag stand and hitting it left and right, remove over 90% of clumps. Release grounds through the bottom, uniform coffee makes even espresso extraction easy.
- ☕ PRODUCT GUARANTEES - The burr was calibrated and fixed in place by the 1Zpresso team, ensure no wobbly parts or burrs that come loose as time goes on. Estimated grind approx 300KG by general use. Includes a one-year limited warranty, you will definitely get 100% customer support.
- ☕COFFEE IS LIFE - Chose 1Zpresso to be part of your coffee journey! No longer just for buying a non-electric tool, let the extraordinary daily experience enrich your life.
Last update on 2021-12-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
If you want to enjoy fresh, yet flavorful coffee, using a ceramic coffee mill may be the best choice. Ceramic grinders produce an even grind since they use a burr mill. Since they are pretty small, you’re likely to get several different grind options. However, they require manual operation. Keep reading our Skerton Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill review, a renowned Japanese glassware brand famous for its detail-oriented approach.
Hario Skerton Ceramic Coffee Mill: Review
Last update on 2021-12-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Hario coffee mill is among the manual coffee grinders on the market today. In this Hario Skerton ceramic mill review, we’ll look at this grinder in detail. The Hario ceramic grinder offers many features for a small grinder. However, we’ll be looking at the key features.
Since Skerton coffee mill design is small and easy, it means that it’s portable. That means that you can carry it in your briefcase or handbag and take it anywhere either to work, or a friend’s house.
Also, you can move it around your home and it won’t be heavy or clunky. That will also give you freshly ground coffee whenever you want.
It even has a detachable silicone lid so when you’re using it, you’ll keep your coffee grinds in the glass.
This coffee beans grinder has an easy design that lets you grind the coffee while doing other things around your home, and at work.
You can for instance manually grind your coffee while watching TV or as you wait for the kettle to come to a boil. This means that you won’t stand and wait for your coffee to brew.
Design and build
The Skerton Hario ceramic mill is small and discreet for when you travel or when you are out and about. This manual grinder weighs about 1.2 pounds meaning it’s light enough to bring to work or easily move around your kitchen without a hassle.
That makes the Hario ceramic coffee grinder perfect for anyone who enjoys fresh coffee on the go. It’s also perfect for home use for someone who wants fresh ground coffee but doesn’t want to mill a lot of it.
This product holds 100 grams, which is the right amount for brewing a latte in the morning, or white coffee at the start of your day.
Its portable design of this manual grinder means that you can take in your travel luggage or handbag to make freshly ground coffee on the go.
Another feature that makes this Burr grinder stand out is it’s versatility. The Hario ceramic coffee grinder is designed with various types of coffee drinks in mind.
That means that you can change the machine’s setting to the one you want. Let’s say you want a French press or latte, you can grind your coffee beans to the required grind for your coffee. That means you’ll have the beverage you want, freshly ground and available every day, and a grind away.
Also, it’s versatile since it can be used to grind other things such as peppercorns or spices. It can also be used for grinding nutmeg, pepper, and cinnamon and it even works brilliantly.
It’s also versatile since you can use it to keep coffee warm plus you can travel with it. That means you could even pre-make your grind and use it later for your coffee fix.
Easy to Clean and Use
To use the Hario Skerton hand grinder you can adjust its grind mechanism when you rotate it a specific number of times to achieve your desired method of brewing.
It’ll take you a few moments before you can have freshly ground coffee. Besides, it takes moments to adjust the grind settings depending on the brew you want.
It is easy to use, and all you need to do is detach the handle, loosen, or tighten the burrs depending on the type of coffee you want. And then grind your coffee beans.
This coffee grinder is easy to take apart and even put together. What’s more, it’s dishwasher safe and can be cleaned easily by hand. And this is a plus for when you’re at home or on the go.
All hand grinders are pretty quiet, and the Skerton Hario Ceramic mill is no exception. This grinder is very quiet making it ideal for making early morning coffee before work.
Also, you can comfortably use this mill in a busy office or an apartment occupied by late sleepers, it won’t annoy anybody.
Perfect for Everyone
The Skerton ceramic grinder is great for both coffee enthusiasts who are at home or those who enjoy traveling. The professional and sleek look of the Hario Skerton manual grinder means that it won’t occupy much room on your kitchen counter.
With a professional look, it will stay on the side without compromising the design or space of your kitchen.
Based on its design it also means that travelers won’t compromise on the freshness of their coffee by storing it in a thermos flask. This means that they can carry their coffee and with a grinder, you’ll have tasty and fresh coffee both at home and on the go, and whenever you want your coffee fix.
Also, it’s perfect for coffee enthusiasts who either want French press or latte coffee depending on the brew you want.
This ceramic coffee mill lets you make your grind with an adjustment to the rotation on the grinder. This way you’ll have your preferred coffee, all fresh and brewed to your tastes.
Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill: Pros & Cons
Next, we’ll be looking at the positives and negatives of the Hario Skerton hand coffee grinder. Here, we will be looking at the general advantages and negatives of its use, design, and functionality.
What we Like
- No electronic parts
- Burr grinder
- Easy to clean and use
- Small and lightweight
- Quality and sturdy parts
What we Don’t Like
- Changing the setting takes some time
- May take a while before you mill thin enough grinds for your taste
- Might have difficulty with coarse grinds
How To Use The Hario Skerton Ceramic Coffee Mill
There is some fiddling needed when using the Hario Skerton for you to perfect your brewing methods.
To start with, there’s something known as a “zero position” for the grinder’s burrs. That refers to taking your grinder apart, and then you hold the burrs in position.
Even then, using the Hario Skerton is not as complicated. You start by adding whole coffee beans at the top hopper, then place the crank arm. Next, tighten it with the given bolt.
Besides, you’ll have to change the grind adjustment system by rotating it several times for your preferred size of grind.
Let’s take a quick look at a rough guide of what works when it comes to the number of revolutions or “turns” it takes to achieve the right grind for a specific brewing method.
Simple Grind Settings Guide for the Hario Skerton Mill
|AeroPress /SingleV60||2 rotations/turns|
|Drip Cone||3 rotations/ turns|
|Clever dripper/Metal Filter||5 rotations/ turns|
|French Press||7 rotation/ turns|
In addition to the above suggestions shared above, you can tweak the Hario Skerton mill to come up with your preferred grind for your favorite brew.
Why Choose Hario Skerton Ceramic Coffee Mill
The Hario Skerton Burr grinder is an inexpensive, versatile, brilliant, and easy machine. It allows you to grind different kinds of coffee as well as spices. The Hario Skerton is small and discreet that comes at a great price and gives users years of satisfaction and happiness.
The Skerton makes consistent results at medium, coarse, and fine settings. With that in mind, this grinder will give you consistent results.
With an even grind, you’ll have even extraction during brewing which will give you a balanced cup. If you’re considering the quality of a coffee mill, consistency is perhaps the most essential factor you should consider.
Hario Ceramic Coffee Mill: FAQs
How long do ceramic grinders last?
Typically, ceramic burrs are very durable and will over time retain the same sharpness. However, burr grinders are particularly delicate if they get bumped. If they are dropped their plates may get ruined or shift out of place. Always store and handle them carefully.
How do you clean a ceramic grinder?
While some parts of grinders are dishwasher-safe, you can easily clean most grinders by hand. Be sure to use warm to clean them and leave them to air dry. You should do this whenever you change the type of beans or at least once each week. Doing so helps you avoid contamination.
A quick summary of the Hario Skerton Coffee Mill Features
|Design and Build||Small design;Weighs 1.2 pounds and lightweight;occupies small space on the kitchen counter; holds 100 grams|
|Ease of Use and Clean||Adjust its grind mechanism to use;Easy to take apart allowing for easy cleaning|
|Multi-Purpose||Grinds coffee beans;Other uses include grinding spices like pepper, nutmeg, etc.|
Get Best Coffee Guides and Offers
Sign up for our coffee insights