Have you ever thought of owning a Breville espresso machine? They make silky and velvety espresso. To achieve the taste, it steams milk with pressure to make microfoam that is ideal for the espresso.
If you want to enjoy espressos and other milk textured drinks at home, you need to invest in an espresso machine. It can be difficult to select the best espresso machine from the various brands.
Breville is one of the brands in the market that manufactures coffee machines and other kitchen appliances.
Breville espresso machines have different features and functionalities. Check out the buying guide below before you settle on a specific espresso machine.
Features of a Breville Espresso Machine
The Breville coffee machine is known to have different features that make espresso brewing fast and enjoyable. The more features an espresso machine has, the higher the price.
The features will vary depending on the type of machine. Some of the most notable ones are:
- PID temperature control: this feature delivers water at the right temperature for full espresso extraction.
- Dose control grinder: It has an integrated conical burr grinder that grinds whole coffee beans on demand.
- Grind size dial: it gives the barista control set the right grinding size for the coffee beans.
- Micro-foam milk texture: this feature has a steam wand that allows the barista to hand texture microfoam milk for latte art creation.
- Over-pressure valve (OPV): it limits the extraction pressure and gives you a flexible shot control.
- Dosage technology: the Breville espresso machine uses 19-22 grams of coffee to brew a cafe-quality espresso.
With the features in mind, we can now look at the different Breville machines in the market. We’ll list the features, pros, and cons of each.
Let’s dive in!
Top 8 Breville Espresso Machines
If you cannot start your day without a cup of joe, then you may consider having a coffee machine at home. You brew based on your flavor and taste preferences. It guarantees you a perfect sip any time you need one.
Espresso machines are different. They can be manual or automatic. Types of automatic espresso machines are- semi-automatic, super-automatic, and fully-automatic.
The semi-automatic espresso machines are the most popular. Breville espresso machines fit in the different categories.
Check the guide below to find out more information on the Breville espresso machines:
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine, Large, Stainless Steel
Do you need a coffee machine that brews coffee faster? The Breville barista express espresso machine is a semi-automatic espresso machine that brews espresso in one minute.It’s one of the best Breville espresso machines.
With the espresso machine, it helps you brew cafe level coffee from bean to espresso. The Breville barista Express espresso machine takes most of the manual work off your hands.
It comes with a conical burr grinder that grinds whole coffee beans into the portafilter. The bean hopper holds and maintains the freshness of the coffee beans.
- Grind size dial: the Barista Express allows the barista to set the grind size. It has a six grind size setting, and therefore, you set the grind size for each brew.
- Dose control grinder: the espresso machine has a conical burr grinder that grinds coffee into the portafilter.
- Digital temperature control (PID): it delivers water at the exact temperature for optimal espresso extraction.
- Micro foam milk texturing: to make latte art, you need foam. The espresso machine has a steam wand to hand texture the milk foam.
Breville BES810BSS Duo Temp Pro Espresso Machine
Cleaning an espresso machine maintains the freshness and flavor of the coffee brewing. The Breville Duo Temp has an alert indicator to remind you to clean the espresso maker and the drip tray.
The water reservoir has a capacity of 61 ounces. When brewing coffee, it allows you to make two cups of espresso at the same time.
- Micro foam milk texturing: the steam wand produces steam to produce micro-foam for creating latte art.
- Precise espresso extraction: it has a 15 bar pump that allows full flavor extraction. It starts at low pressure and increases gradually for extraction.
- Razor dose trimming tool: this tool ensures that the basket is filled with coffee.
- Auto purge: after steaming, purge the heating system to remove any leftover milk. It is a form of cleaning before the next espresso brewing.
- The Breville Duo Temp has two dual-wall filters for use with pre-ground and freshly ground coffee.
Breville Barista Touch Espresso Maker
The Breville Barista Touch is a more advanced espresso maker. It allows the barista to customize drinks, use a touchscreen, and prepare 2 cups of espresso at the same time.
It is made of stainless steel and has a capacity of 2 liters. In addition, it has a conical burr grinder that grinds fresh coffee beans.
The Breville Barista Touch has a 3 seconds heat-up time that brews from bean to cup faster. It uses three steps to brew your favorite drink- grind, brew, and milk.
- Touchscreen display: it allows you to select the strength, milk texture, and temperature to your desired taste. Save your customized drink with your unique name and image.
- Personalized coffee settings: customize and save up to 8 coffee drinks.
- Automatic milk foam texturing: adjust your milk temperature and texture to suit your taste.
- Conical burr grinder: it grinds fresh coffee beans on demand.
Breville BES500BSS Bambino Plus Espresso Machine
The Breville Bambino plus espresso machine allows the barista to brew a rich, full flavor of espresso. The portafilter holds 19 grams of ground coffee.
The espresso machine has a digital temperature control that delivers water at the right temperature. Therefore, this ensures consistency in every shot.
- Automatic milk foam texturing: it adjusts the temperature and texture of the milk.
- Three seconds heat up: the thermojet heating system gets ready for extraction within 3 seconds.
- Low pressure infusion: full flavor extraction starts with a low-pressure, and then it gradually increases.
- Auto purge: you need to purge the heating system to extract the next espresso at the right temperature.
Breville BES840XL Infuser Espresso Machine
The Breville Infuser is a semi-automatic espresso machine. It is the most common type of espresso machine. It allows the barista to control part of the brewing process.
The Breville espresso maker has programmable and customizable features. It does not have an inbuilt coffee grinder. Therefore, if you plan on purchasing it, you need to have a manual or automatic grinder.
When using the Breville infuser espresso machine, it will alert you about the maintenance. In addition, it also has dual wall and single wall filters.
- 61 Ounce removable water filter: you can remove the water for easy refill. Moreover, it has a water filter to clean water and remove impurities.
- Stainless steel portafilter: the portafilter uses magnetism to attach to the espresso machine.
- Steam wand: it froths milk for cappuccinos and lattes.
- Removable drip tray: it has two partitions. One holds wet spills, and the other collects wet spills. It has an ’empty me’ indicator.
- The pressure gauge: it helps the barista monitor if the espresso is under extracting or over extracting.
- Dry puck feature: it dries the puck to make the filter basket cleaning easy.
Breville BES878BSS Barista Pro Espresso Machine
The Breville Barista Pro espresso machine has an LCD display that provides the barista with the brewing information. It allows you to brew double or single shots of espresso.
The espresso machine has a hopper that keeps your coffee beans fresh. The conical burr grinder grinds the coffee beans into the portafilter.
The semi-automatic espresso machine has a capacity of 2 liters.
- micro-foam milk texturing: the steam wand produces milk that textures the milk for creating lattes.
- Precise digital control: it delivers water at the exact temperature for maximum extraction.
- Fast heat-up time: the thermojet reaches the extraction temperature within three seconds.
- The portafilter holds 19-22 grams of ground coffee.
Breville BES980XL Oracle Espresso Machine
Do you need an automatic espresso machine? The Breville Oracle espresso machine is a type of super-automatic espresso machine. With this machine, it acts as your barista.
All you need is to add coffee grounds or beans and press a button. It is ideal for people who need a quick shot of espresso. It uses an LCD touchscreen and buttons for control.
- Automatic grind: from the bean hopper, the Breville Oracle grinds and tamps ground coffee automatically.
- Micro-foam milk texturing: this programmable feature textures milk to meet your preference.
- Flexible shot control: it allows you to choose from single or double shots.
- One touch Americano: the Breville Oracle brews double espresso into a cup and then fills it with hot water to make an Americano shot.
Breville BES920XL Dual Boiler Espresso Machine
The Breville Dual boiler has a water hardness test strip. It has a flexible shot control that allows the barista to brew single or double shots. The dedicated boiler powers the steam wand to deliver micro-foam.
During maintenance, it has a descale feature that removes calcium deposits that can compromise its durability. It is recommended to use cold water with the Breville dual boiler.
- Over-Pressure Valve (OPV): it limits the extraction pressure.
- Backlit LCD display: displays different features such as brew temperature, shot, clock, or time.
- Repeatable extraction: the PID controls water temperature for maximum flavor extraction.
Why Should You Consider Buying a Breville Espresso Machine?
Breville espresso machines are suitable for home use and professional purposes like cafes. There are so many reasons why it is worth buying an espresso machine from Breville.
Some of the reasons for making such consideration are:
The Breville espresso machine is easy to use. You do not require barista skills to brew. With the brew instructions and guides, you can easily brew your shot espresso.
A warranty is a written agreement with a specific timeline to repair a product in case of a breakdown.
Breville has a one year warranty on their products. This way, the brand can repair a fault in the coffee machine within the specified timeline.
- Integrated conical burr grinder
Are you looking for an espresso machine that has a grinder? Some of the Breville espresso machines come with integrated grinders. An example is the Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine.
- Customization features
The customizable features in the Breville espresso machines make the brewing process easy. For instance, the Barista Express allows you to adjust the grind size and amount of coffee.
Customizable features mean less work for you. The machine takes off the manual work and automates the process. Super-automatic espresso machines are more customizable than semi-automatic machines.
Pros and cons of Using Breville Espresso Machine
There are so many benefits of using the different espresso machines. The general advantages and disadvantages of using a Breville espresso machine are:
|The Breville espresso machine has easy to use features.||The Breville espresso maker requires bigger space to store.|
|The plastic used on the parts of the espresso machine is BPA free. For example, the Barista Express portafilter has a plastic part inside.||The prices vary and thus, you may end up spending more money than you needed.|
|The Bean hopper is removable.||May be difficult to use for a beginner.|
|The espresso maker has customizable features.|
|Removable drip tray makes it easy for cleaning and emptying.|
|Adjustable grind amount for the espresso maker with a conical burr grinder.|
|Comes with a one year warranty|
|The espresso maker has customizable features like the auto start.|
|Breville espresso machines are versatile.|
Breville Espresso Machine Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Before buying an espresso machine, there are questions that you may already have or you have come across. Some of the questions are like, is it worth buying, how will I use it, or how will I know the best machine?
All of these questions are valid. Therefore, we have compiled a list of questions and provided the answers to each. These are:
Q. What is an automatic espresso machine?
A. Automatic espresso machines are different. They are:
Semi-automatic espresso machine: it is the most commonly used type of espresso machine. The barista has more control, and it brews high-quality shots of espresso.
Super-automatic espresso machine: this machine acts as your barista. It takes the control out of your hands and does all the work for you. They tend to be more expensive.
The barista has little to no room for control. These types of machines are best for people who need quick shots.
Fully-automatic espresso machine: with this machine, you have less control over the flavor of your espresso. It has an electronic pump that automates the amount of water delivery in the espresso-making process.
Q. Why is a water filter necessary?
A. When using a Breville espresso machine, having a filter helps trap calcium buildup and other water impurities. For instance, The Barista Express espresso machine has a charcoal filter in the water reservoir.
But, if you do not want to stretch your budget, you can use filtered water. It is ideal for brewing high-quality shots of espresso and other coffee beverages. It helps maintain the flavor of the coffee brewing.
Q. How does the Breville espresso machine PID work?
A. For a consistent shot of espresso, the PID controls the extraction temperature. It delivers water at the right temperature for maximum espresso extraction.
Water at the right temperature passes through the ground coffee and thereby extracts the flavor and aroma of coffee.
Is a Breville Espresso Machine Worth It?
For an espresso lover, having a Breville espresso machine at home or in the office is a bonus. The convenience that comes with the espresso maker is unmatched.
First, you can have your shot at any time, and second, you brew based on your preference. In addition to this, Breville is one of the best brands in espresso machines.
Depending on the type of espresso machine you need, Breville is one of the brands to look into. There are professional and home use espresso machines.
To check if the Breville espresso machine is worth buying, look out for the features, price, and accessories. Compare the information with your specifications.
The espresso machine that meets your needs is worth investing in. You can also buy a coffee and espresso machine. It’s a coffee machine that brews both coffee and espresso.
Want to know more about home espresso machines? Check out our buying guide for more tips.